Virtual dollar cards have the same features as physical cards, the only difference is that they are only accessible on your smartphones. In this article, we will be listing the best Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria and how to create them on each app to aid your international transactions.
For shopping and making online payments, you will need a credit or debit card. Naira debit cards would have done these jobs for you, but you may face certain challenges like the website or app not accepting your card either because they do not accept Naira cards or because of your bank or CBN limit on international transactions.
To enjoy smooth international transactions, the key is the Virtual dollar card, this card type is best used for payment on apps like Spotify, Boomplay, Meta, Amazon, Prime-movies, Google Play, Appstore, etc.
These cards exist only on the specified financial platforms, which could also mean they can’t be used for physical transactions like ATM withdrawals or POS transactions. For the fact that they do not have to be issued physically, they are much easier to get and access than physical dollar cards. All you need is your mobile phone, and other identity and financial details.
Benefits of Virtual Cards
- Lower cost
- Track Spending
- Commerce Convenience
- More security
List of Active Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria
ALAT by Wema
This is one of the best banks for Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria. ALAT Virtual dollar card is owned and managed by Wema bank.
ALAT makes provision for its users to create and use banking features in the comfort of their homes. You can also get your physical ALAT banking card delivered to you conveniently.
How to get ALAT Virtual Dollar Card
- Download and install the ALAT application on your phone via Playstore or App Store
- Register if you do not have an existing account
- Click on the “create an account” button.
- Fill out the form with the appropriate information
- After this, sign in to your new account.
- Go to the menu icon, and click on the “card” button.
- Select the “ALAT Dollar Card” button, and click “create a new card”.
- Fill in the necessary information to complete the process.
- Your card is ready to be used.
Eversend Virtual Dollar Card
Another online bank that issues Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria is Eversend. Eversend is a simple and easy-to-use online bank, it allows you to send and transfer money from one person to another irrespective of their location. This African-based bank creates a friendly space for users to own about 6 multi-currency wallets like GHC, KYS, NGN, RWF, UGX, and USD.
With this bank, you can create payment links that others can use to pay money into your account. Eversend also provides a highly-rated security feature which you can use to freeze and unfreeze your card to prevent online theft and hacking.
How to create Eversend Virtual Dollar Cards
- The first step in getting a virtual dollar card is downloading and installing the application on your phone.
- Register a new account on the app.
- Go to the ‘card’ link and click on it.
- After, click on the “create a new card” icon.
- You will then put in the amount you want on the card.
- After, you will provide your Eversend pin to pay a $5 virtual card fee.
- Fund the newly created card, and it is ready to be used.
Eyowo provides stress-free banking processes for its users. It makes room for its users to receive money, pay important bills, and also make online transactions. You can also as a user get your own mobile banking card to withdraw in ATM booths and pay bills.
How to create Eyowo Virtual Dollar Cards
- Install the app on your mobile phone
- Visit the dashboard and after registration click on the ‘more’ icon
- Click on the “Eyowo Dollar cards” button and wait for some seconds
- Click on “create a card”
- You can after this fund your virtual dollar card and start using it.
Minty Virtual Dollar Card
Mintyn is an internet banking company that allows its users to create personal bank accounts, send, receive, and save money. They also created a means for their eligible users to obtain loans.
How to create your Mintyn Virtual Dollar Cards
- Download and install the Mintyn app from the Google Play Store or the App Store.
- Create a tier 3 account
- Select the cards option on your dashboard
- Load any amount you choose onto your card. You also know that funding your virtual card entails reasonable service fees.
- You can after following these steps use your new Mintyn Virtual Dollar Card
With the help of this online bank, you can create a virtual dollar card in little time. Spectrocard allows you to perform several online banking transactions with ease.
How to create Spectrocard Virtual Dollar Cards
- Visit this LINK to register on Spectrocard
- To register, you will input your email address, password, and confirm password.
- A verification link will be sent to your registered email.
- Once you click on the link sent, you will be directed to the main page, where you can now start using your virtual dollar card.
You can create a usable virtual dollar card in Nigeria as long you have your BVN, identity card and other personal information. You can use any of the banking platforms mentioned in this article to get Virtual Dollar Cards in Nigeria.