PayPal is an international financial company that offers money transfer services worldwide. PayPal is used to receive and send money from one location to another. PayPal serves the global marketplace and is presently the largest internet wallet service.
Now the important question is “is PayPal working in Nigeria?“. Yes, PayPal works in Nigeria. This wallet service became open to Nigerians in 2014. But there are certain restrictions to using PayPal in Nigeria which are:
- You can only send money, make payments and shop online as a Nigerian resident, but not receive.
- However, you can create a Business account as a business owner, and with that, you will be able to receive payments on PayPal.
Here we will put you through the usage of PayPal and give more answers to ‘is PayPal working in Nigeria?’, continue for more information.
Types of PayPal Accounts
This type of PayPal account is for users who likes to use the wallet service to receive money and pay bills for shopping and personal services online.
This type of PayPal account is solely for business owners who receive payments from clients and customers online. There are different features to using Business PayPal.
What you need to open a PayPal Account
Below are the requirements for opening a Personal PayPal Account in Nigeria
- Your Legal name
- Your email address
- A strong password
- A debit or credit card. Specifically MasterCard or Visa Card
- Your address
Below are the requirements for opening a Business PayPal Account in Nigeria
- Your legal name
- Your business name
- Your business information
- Your government-issued ID card
- Your valid email address
- Phone number
It is important that you provide accurate and correct information in order to avoid losing your account.
How to open a PayPal account
After answering your question“Is PayPal working in Nigeria”, the next step is to create an account depending on your need, it could be a business account or a personal account. Follow the steps below after deciding which type of PayPal account you want to create:
Visit the PayPal website
Fill out the registration form
Fill out the registration form with the needed information. You must make sure to insert well-detailed and accurate details to avoid account deactivation.
To verify your account an email would be sent to you, with this you are able to start using your account. All you need to do is open the email and click the link.
Manage your account
This is the last step in the process of creating an account, here all you need to do is link your debit or credit to your account, change your password and start using your account.
How to send money with PayPal in Nigeria
- Login to your account
- Click on send payment
- Enter the details of the receiver-Insert the name or email address
- Enter the payment amount and method-Here you will insert the amount of money you want to send, and indicate which bank card you want to be debited with.
- Send payment
- Pay via invoice-This process requires the user you are sending to, to send you an invoice. After this invoice shows in your account, click and make payments.
- Use pre-approved payments-For monthly subscriptions and payments, you can always set your account to deduct money automatically for these bills at the stipulated time.
How to receive payment on PayPal
- Open a Paypal business account
- Set up payment on your website
- Send invoice
- Request for funds
- Use your Paypal email address
Importance of PayPal
- PayPal is a trusted wallet service
- You can add several cards both debit or credit to your PayPal account for easy payment.
- It is free to use
- Financial security
- Credit card security
PayPal customer service number
You can contact the PayPal service number when you experience issues using their website or ask questions, they can also give you more information on the availability of PayPal in Nigeria if you want further clarification. Below are the two numbers you can reach them on:
009 1 402-517-4519
Do you have something to contribute to this? Please use the comment from below. Thank you.