Learn about attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD), including ADHD symptoms, the latest research and ADHD treatment.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Ensure your knowledge of ADHD is up to date by exploring the latest research
What is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)? What are the symptoms of ADHD? How is ADHD diagnosed? Get answers with this course that features fundamental information about ADHD and the latest ADHD research.
Through the course you will learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder, considering controversies related to the condition. You will learn about the diagnosis and best practice treatment of ADHD as you build your empathy towards people with ADHD. You will also learn practical strategies to help the educational and personal development of people with ADHD.
- What ADHD is, and the controversies raised by the concept of ADHD
- Latest neuroscientific and psychiatric research based on the mechanisms, symptoms and impairments of ADHD
- ADHD as a developmental disorder throughout the lifespan: genes, environments (protective and risk factors)
- Latest neuroscientific and psychiatric research based on the various means of screening and assessing for child ADHD
- Latest neuroscientific and psychiatric research based on the mechanisms, diagnosis and treatment of adult ADHD
- Understanding best practice in treatment for ADHD Mechanisms and efficacy of psychosocial treatments, pharmacological treatments supporting positive outcomes for those with ADHD and their families
Who is the course for?
This course is for people with ADHD and anyone working with children and adults with ADHD. This includes parents and close family members, teachers, and educational (learning disability) assessors in schools and higher education and occupational therapists.