Ultimate Guide to Digital Skills: Mobile
Learn about mobile design, development and creating mobile experiences, as well as bigger concepts related to mobile technology.
About This Course
This course has been certified by the CPD Certification Service as conforming to continuing professional development principles. Find out more.
Understand the importance of mobile in the digital world
In 2018, over half of global website traffic was generated through mobile phones.
On this course, you will explore what mobile is, the growth of mobile technology and benefits associated with it. You will discover why industry experts often refer to “mobile” as “mobility” and will find out about mobile products like tablets and wearable technology.
You will explore what mobile design is by understanding key design concepts and development approaches which will help you to build an effective mobile app. We will also look at the ‘Internet of Things’ and explore some potential security issues.
What topics will you cover?
- The rise in mobile technology
- What is mobility?
- The benefits of mobility
- Mobile technology growth
- Wearable technology
- Mobility in practice
- Mobile design principles
- Building mobility – core development approaches
- The Internet of Things
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Describe what mobility is in the context of digital
- Describe the growth of mobility and benefits associated with it
- Describe what mobile design is, including concepts such as wireframes
- Identify seven principles of good mobile app design and the importance of effective design
- Describe what the ‘Internet of Things’ is and some of the benefits associated with it
- Identify security risks related to the’ Internet of Things’
Who is the course for?
This course is for anyone seeking to develop their entrepreneurial skills, preparing to enter the workplace or looking to change careers. No prior experience or qualifications required.
Originally posted 2021-12-06 18:01:20.