Discover the power of data for individuals and organisations working in health and social care.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Harness the power of data to improve health and social care services
Using data well can be a powerful tool in health and social care. It can be used to develop new services, influence strategies, inform budget decisions and optimise processes and policy.
On this course, you’ll discover the principles of healthcare data analytics. Discover best practices around data governance, tools to help you manage and analyse data, and how to work collaboratively with data scientists and digital teams.
Using real-world case studies you’ll gain practical experience of the link between health and data science, that you can use to create more sustainable health and social care services.
The course is designed to equip participants with the ability to understand, communicate and manage:
- The value of data science and analytics for improving health and care service design and provision
- Data Collection, Preparation and Management
- Data Analytics Methods and Tools and their practical uses
- Ethics and Information governance considerations including GDPR guidance
- How to generate and communicate meaningful insight from analytics
Who is the course for?
This course is for frontline, middle and senior management staff working in the health and care sectors, including the 3rd sector.
Students, academics and industry suppliers of services and systems to healthcare will also find this course valuable.
What software or tools do you need?
Participants will need access to Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel.