👤 Join WhatsApp Learners
New here? Login / Register
Dig deeper into the life and works of Robert Burns, with this free University of Glasgow course.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Celebrate Robert Burns with this free online course.
This free course from the Centre for Robert Burns Studies, University of Glasgow, will introduce you to the life, works and global celebrity of Robert Burns.
You’ll examine poems, songs, manuscripts, and objects used to commemorate the poet. You’ll also develop your understanding of Robert Burns’s posthumous reputation – from Burns Suppers and Burns Night through to Hogmanay.
- The cultural reputation of Robert Burns as patriot, lover, and man of the people
- Robert Burns as poet and songwriter
- Major works such as ‘Scots Wha Hae’, ‘Ae Fond Kiss’, ‘A Man’s a Man’, ‘The Vision’, and ‘Auld Lang Syne’
- The commemoration of Burns in material culture
- The international celebrity and legacy of Burns
Who is the course for?
No previous experience or qualifications are required for this course – just an interest in Robert Burns, Scottish history and culture, or poetry and song in general.
It is ideal for anyone considering further study in the field, such the courses offered by the Centre for Robert Burns Studies at the University of Glasgow.