Programming 101: An Introduction to Python for Educators
Explore the basics of Python. Guided by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, you’ll learn to code your first program. Supported by Google.
Learn how to program in Python with help from Raspberry Pi
On this course, you’ll explore programming in Python. Guided by the Raspberry Pi Foundation, you’ll discover basic programming concepts, learning how to understand the basics of Python syntax and interpret error messages.
Ultimately, you’ll use your new coding skills to create your first program – which will be able to solve a simple problem.
What topics will you cover?
- Basic programming concepts such as repetition and sequencing
- When and how to use a ‘for’ loop, an ‘if’ statement, a ‘while’ loop, and functions
- Creating your own program to solve a simple problem
- The basics of Python syntax
- How to interpret error messages
Who is the course for?
This course would suit educators who have no experience of programming in Python.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you’ll need to download Python, or use an online IDE.
If you need advice about the options for using Python, or instructions for installing it, please review our guidance on Applications for creating Python programs.