Learn how to design MMIs and ensure their effectiveness in selecting healthcare professionals and students.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Discover how MMIs can improve healthcare professional student selection
MMIs are an evidence-based interview methodology used in healthcare selection all around the world. Despite the widespread use of MMIs, no consistent best-practice recommendations for the design and administration of MMIs are readily available. Ineffective selection processes, risk lack of parity, potential bias and missing strong candidates.
On this course, you will learn how an evidence-based design process will optimise the effectiveness of MMIs. You will understand why MMIs are recommended in healthcare selection. You will also design an MMI model to deploy in your own organisation.
- What MMIs are and why we use them
- How to design MMIs effectively
- Understanding your MMI needs
- Develop your own MMI model and scenarios
- Best practice for assessor training, station writing and peer review
- Pitfalls to avoid
- How to evaluate your MMIs
- Future developments