Here Google Data Analytics you’ll also learn other useful job hunt skills through videos with common interview questions and responses, helpful materials to build a portfolio online, and more.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About this Course
This course is the eighth course in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. You’ll have the opportunity to complete an optional case study, which will help prepare you for the data analytics job hunt. Case studies are commonly used by employers to assess analytical skills.
For your case study, you’ll choose an analytics-based scenario. You’ll then ask questions, prepare, process, analyze, visualize and act on the data from the scenario. Current Google data analysts will continue to instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources.
Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Learn the benefits and uses of case studies and portfolios in the job search.
- Explore real world job interview scenarios and common interview questions.
- Discover how case studies can be a part of the job interview process.
- Examine and consider different case study scenarios in Google Data Analytics
- Have the chance to complete your own case study for your portfolio.
What You Will Learn
- Differentiate between a capstone, case study, and a portfolio
- Identify the key features and attributes of a completed case study
- Apply the practices and procedures associated with the data analysis process to a given set of data
- Discuss the use of case studies/portfolios when communicating with recruiters and potential employers
Skills You Will Gain
- Job portfolio
- Data Cleansing in Google Data Analytics
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
- Case study inGoogle Data Analytics
2 hours to complete
Google Data Analytics: Learn about capstone basics
A capstone is a crowning achievement. In this part of the course, you’ll be introduced to capstone projects, case studies, and portfolios, as well as how they help employers better understand your skills and capabilities. You’ll also have an opportunity to explore online portfolios of real data analysts.
3 videos (Total 15 min), 5 readings, 2 quizzes
4 hours to complete
Optional: Building your portfolio
In this part of the course, you’ll get an overview of two possible tracks to complete your case study. You can use a dataset from one of the business cases provided or search for a public dataset and develop a business case for an area of personal interest. In addition, you’ll be introduced to several platforms for hosting your completed case study.
3 videos (Total 7 min), 9 readings, 2 quizzes
2 hours to complete
Google Data Analytics: Optional: Using your portfolio
Your portfolio is meant to be seen and explored. In this part of the course, you’ll learn how to discuss your portfolio and highlight specific skills in interview scenarios. You’ll also create and practice an elevator pitch for your case study. Finally, you’ll discover how to position yourself as a top applicant for data analyst jobs with useful and practical interview tips.
6 videos (Total 27 min), 7 readings, 2 quizzes
1 hour to complete
Google Data Analytics: Putting your certificate to work
Earning your Google Data Analytics Certificate is a badge of honor. It’s also a real badge. In this part of the course, you’ll learn how to claim your certificate badge and display it in your LinkedIn profile. You’ll also be introduced to job search benefits that you can claim as a certificate holder, including access to the Big Interview platform and Byteboard interviews.
3 videos (Total 3 min), 3 readings, 2 quizzes