Login / Register
Learn how to analyze the global business environment and adapt to technological, environmental, and economic changes.
Join Other Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About This Course
The COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the many ways that global business intersects our lives and, in many ways, seems to have ‘rewritten’ the rules of global business entirely.
This course from the Auckland University of Technology (AUT) will help you understand and adapt to changes in the global business environment.
Investigate the risks and trends in the current global business environment
Even before the pandemic, recent technological, environmental, political, and economic disruptions have reinforced the importance of understanding how business plays a part in the challenges and solutions being faced globally.
In this course, you’ll analyze the current state of global business and how wider global issues, such as environmental degradation, affect global value chains. You’ll then move on to cover political and economic change, and the implications these have on global business.
Explore how technology will affect global work after COVID-19
With technology constantly evolving and changing the way we work, it’s crucial for business leaders to understand how technological developments impact the future of global business.
You’ll delve into global work and how you can anticipate and adapt to these technological changes before widening your view and assessing how these changes in the global business environment are experienced differently across regions.
Learn from the experts at the Auckland University of Technology
Throughout this course, you’ll be guided by the experts at the AUT Faculty of Business, Economics, and Law who specialise in understanding the changing nature of the global business environment.
With a focus on encouraging deep learning and engagement, this course will help you expand your skills and knowledge of the changing global business environment.
What topics will you cover?
- Global Business change in a Post-COVID world
- Climate Challenges & Resilience
- Global Political & Economic Change
- Technological Change & Global Work
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Describe the current risks and trends in the global business environment, and how these span across multiple interconnected dimensions.
- Describe the impact of environmental degradation and climate change on global value chains
- Describe the global political and economic changes and their implications for global business
- Describe the impact of technological developments on the future of global business
- Describe how these changes in the global business environment are experienced differently within and across regions
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone interested in exploring the ways in which the global business environment is being disrupted and reshaped.
It will be especially useful to business leaders and anyone looking to develop their critical thinking skills to adapt their business to global changes.