Free Online Introduction on Course to Production Design for Film and Screen
Explore the craft of Production Design with award-winning filmmakers and learn how it adds meaning and depth to screen stories.
Production Design is at the heart of making memorable screen stories.
This course provides a basic understanding of the role of the Production Designer on feature films, short films, TV, live-action, animation or game design. It will explore key concepts and core skills required to really add value and visual interest to any screen story.
Learn more about the world of Production Design with the expert creative professionals from Australia’s premier screen arts and broadcast school.
What topics will you cover?
- The history, foundations and future of Production Design.
- Research and references: the foundations of design.
- The elements and principles of Production Design.
- How Production Design supports and enriches screen stories.
- Script analysis and Art Department breakdowns.
- Controlling and enriching mood and tone in screen stories.
- Pre-visualisation and visual communication.
Who is the course for?
This course is suitable for all screen creators and for designers from non-screen storytelling backgrounds.
It is for anyone interesting in learning more about Production Design for film, screen and broadcast. Whether you’re interested in art and design, considering a career in Production Design or a creative screen storyteller who wants to understand more about the value of great Production Design, this course will have something for you.
What software or tools do you need?
This course doesn’t require any existing specialist skills or equipment, though there will be extension activities if you want to enhance your learning experience.
Originally posted 2021-08-17 00:10:38.