Move beyond basic data analytics and apply the working knowledge of SQL to query and transform a database.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Do you want to expand your career options?
The demand for data analysis skills is projected to grow at over four times the overall labour market rate. Expand your career options and earning potential by improving your knowledge and skills in this area.
This course builds on the previous two within this Data Analysis for Business ExpertTrack to round off your knowledge and prepare you to use these skills in a professional environment.
Filter and aggregate data with basic SQL queries
Expand your SQL knowledge to the group and modify functions that appear within your database.
Understanding these queries will allow you to hone in on specific parts of your data set and carry out deeper interrogation of your business analytics.
Differentiate between correlation and causation
It’s impossible to deduce a causal relationship between two variables purely based on the association.
You’ll learn the difference between correlation and causation in this course and the potential pitfalls in making assumptions in this area. You will then explore ways to draw firmer conclusions from your data.
Calculate correlation using Pearson’s coefficient
You’ll explore techniques to measure relationships between items within your datasets, including Pearson’s coefficient which measures the linear correlation between two data variables.
- Introduction to using SQL
- More advanced SQL skills
- Diagnostic analytics and relationships in data
- Communicating findings of data analysis
Who is the course for?
This course is for professionals who require data analytics skills in the workplace including:
- Early-stage or aspiring data or business analysts looking to boost their qualitative and quantitative data analysis skills.
- Business professionals working in a role that requires data analytics skills.
- Business or arts graduates looking to start their first professional role by adding required quantitative skills such as data analysis.
Originally posted 2021-07-25 12:11:27.