Learn how to build predictive models using machine learning.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About this course
This course will give you an overview of machine learning-based approaches for predictive modelling, including tree-based techniques, support vector machines, and neural networks using Python. These models form the basis of cutting-edge analytics tools that are used for image classification, text and sentiment analysis, and more.
The course contains two case studies: forecasting customer behaviour after a marketing campaign, and flight delay and cancellation predictions.
You will also learn:
- Sampling techniques such as bagging and boosting, which improve robustness and overall predictive power, as well as random forests
- Support vector machines by introducing you to the concept of optimising the separation between classes, before diving into support vector regression
- Neural networks; their topology, the concepts of weights, biases, and kernels, and optimisation techniques
What you’ll learn
In this course, you will:
- Understand the difference between machine learning and other statistical models
- Practice building tree-based models, support vector machines and neural networks
- Implement the theoretic models in machine learning-based software packages in Python
- Apply machine learning models to business situations
Week 1: Decision trees
Week 2: Random forests and support vector machines
Week 3: Support vector machines
Week 4: Neural networks
Week 5: Neural network estimation and pitfalls
Week 6: Model comparison
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
Originally posted 2021-11-10 13:07:21.