Login / Register
First-ever cardiac CT MOOC! Learn essential knowledge for cardiac CT through short videos, downloadable cases & forums. Available in multiple languages and provides material to meet level 1 requirements in Cardiac CT.
Join Other Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About this course
*Shortlisted for the Reimagine Education Award 2020 in E-Learning! *
This course, developed by the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Hong Kong in collaboration with committee members of international and national cardiac imaging societies, is for radiologists, cardiologists, radiographers/ technologists and other health professionals who want to learn more about this imaging modality. The course follows the level 1 recommendations of cardiac imaging societies by covering the required topics and providing 50 hands-on cardiac CT cases. Previous experience in cardiac CT is not required.
- Understanding of the common cardiac CT examinations in order to better understand how to acquire cardiac images and to interpret them.
- Ability to analyse cardiac CT images at level 1 competency such as calcium score, CT coronary angiography, TAVI.
- Attain hands-on experience to analyse real cases from a database of 50 clinical cases, using dedicated software, as well as further supplementation through our web forum.
- Basic understanding of future developments in the cardiac CT field.
- Provide career advice and thoughts from well-known experts through exclusive interviews.
A MOOC on cardiovascular magnetic resonance will be available on this platform in the near future. Watch this space!
This course is supported by a grant from the Sanming Project of Medicine in Shenzhen. We would like to thank Miss Benedicte Coiffier and Miss Bohan Fan from the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, The University of Hong Kong (HKU), for coordinating the online courses and the HKU Technology-Enriched Learning Initiative (TELI) team for producing the educational material. We would like to express our sincere thanks to our colleagues Luo Lin, Chen Yan, and Baroc Ho from the Radiology Division, Department of Medical Imaging, The University of Hong Kong-Shenzhen Hospital, for translating all the texts into Chinese and Dr Nitin Ramamurthy and Dr Jhonatan Bringas for their additional help.
What you’ll learn
- Cardiac anatomy as seen on CT.
- Different types of cardiac CT examinations and their roles such as calcium score, CT coronary angiogram, CT pulmonary veins and TAVI.
- How to interpret cardiac CT examinations and CT angiography.
- How to acquire images at the scanner whilst reducing radiation dose and to do image post-processing for analysis.
- More advanced utilization of cardiac CT in coronary artery diseases, such as ventricular function and CT FFR.
- Understanding and experience using dedicated software to interpret cardiac images, through our web forum.
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations. edX truly regrets that U.S. sanctions prevent us from offering all of our courses to everyone, no matter where they live.
Originally posted 2021-11-15 05:48:08.