Login / Register
Learn about the relationship between diet and disease and discover the role a nutritional diet can play in disease prevention.
Join Other Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About This Course
Diet related diseases and obesity levels are rising. On this course you will explore the relationship between diet and disease and the role diet plays in weight management.
You will examine the latest research studies to consider how poor nutrition can lead to ill health, and whether what we eat can help to prevent the onset of common diseases, such as cancer.
You will also look at micronutrients, and how a diet low in micronutrients can lead to health problems, and you’ll whether supplements can play a role in a healthy diet.
What topics will you cover?
- How some nutrient deficiency can lead to health-care related problems
- Relationship between cancer and micronutrient deficiency, such as iron or fish oil.
- The use of supplements and healthy eating for disease prevention or weight control.
Learning on this course
You can take this self- guiding course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Describe the relationship between diet and health-care related diseases.
- Explain the importance of healthy diet and nutrition in disease prevention.
- Summarize the mechanism of diet for weight management.
Who is the course for?
The course is for students in healthcare disciplines, plus anyone with a general interest in nutrition.