In this course Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere, you’ll be introduced to the world of data analytics through hands-on curriculum developed by Google. The material shared covers plenty of key data analytics topics, and it’s designed to give you an overview of what’s to come in the Google Data Analytics Certificate.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About this Course
This is the first course Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere in the Google Data Analytics Certificate. These courses will equip you with the skills you need to apply to introductory-level data analyst jobs. Organizations of all kinds need data analysts to help them improve their processes, identify opportunities and trends, launch new products, and make thoughtful decisions. Current Google data analysts will instruct and provide you with hands-on ways to accomplish common data analyst tasks with the best tools and resources.
Learners who complete this certificate program will be equipped to apply for introductory-level jobs as data analysts. No previous experience is necessary.
By the end of this course, you will:
- Gain an understanding of the practices and processes used by a junior or associate data analyst in their day-to-day job.
- Learn about key analytical skills (data cleaning, data analysis, data visualization) and tools (spreadsheets, SQL, R programming, Tableau) that you can add to your professional toolbox.
- Discover a wide variety of terms and concepts relevant to the role of a junior data analyst, such as the data life cycle and the data analysis process.
- Evaluate the role of analytics in the data ecosystem in Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere
- Conduct an analytical thinking self-assessment.
- Explore job opportunities available to you upon program completion, and learn about best practices in the job search.
What You Will Learn
- Define and explain key concepts involved in data analytics including data, data analysis, and data ecosystem
- Conduct an analytical thinking self assessment giving specific examples of the application of analytical thinking
- Discuss the role of spreadsheets, query languages, and data visualization tools in data analytics
- Describe the role of a data analyst with specific reference to jobs/positions
Skills You Will Gain
- Data Cleansing in Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere
- Data Analysis
- Data Visualization (DataViz)
6 hours to complete
Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere: Introducing data analytics
Data helps us make decisions in everyday life and in business. In this first part of the course, you’ll learn how data analysts use data analytics and the tools of their trade to inform those decisions. You’ll also discover more about this course and the overall program expectations.
7 videos (Total 34 min), 13 readings, 4 quizzes
3 hours to complete
Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere: All about analytical thinking
Data analysts balance many different roles in their work. In this part of the course, you’ll learn about some of these roles and the key skills used by analysts. You’ll also explore analytical thinking and how it relates to data-driven decision-making.
6 videos (Total 27 min), 3 readings, 4 quizzes
4 hours to complete
Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere: The wonderful world of data
Data has its own life cycle, and the work of data analysts often intersects with that cycle. In this part of the course, you’ll learn how the data life cycle and data analysts’ work both relate to your progress through this program. You’ll also be introduced to applications used in the data analysis process.
5 videos (Total 26 min), 6 readings, 6 quizzes
4 hours to complete
Foundations: Data, Data, Everywhere: Set up your toolbox
As you’re learning, spreadsheets, query languages, and data visualization tools are all a big part of a data analyst’s job. In this part of the course, you’ll learn more about the basic concepts involved and explore some examples of how these tools work.
6 videos (Total 24 min), 5 readings, 5 quizzes