Explore how extreme geological events have shaped Earth and what challenges future events might pose to our planet.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Discover how extreme geological events have transformed our planet.
Retrace how Earth formed 4.5 billion years ago and has evolved to become the planet we know today.
On this course, you’ll get an introduction to the geological history of planet Earth, and explore the extreme events that shaped it and created conditions for life.
You’ll learn about the largest floods, tsunamis, earthquakes, and volcanic eruptions, and explore the impact they have had and will continue to have on our dynamic planet.
Finally, you’ll discuss the likelihood of extreme events happening in the future and how we can deal with the risks and hazards.
- The formation of the Earth and how the planet became habitable
- Key historical events that shaped the Earth’s surface
- Differences between regular and extreme geological activity
- Natural processes behind the largest floods, tsunamis, earthquakes and volcanic eruptions
- Risks and hazards presented by extreme geological events
- Likelihood of extreme geological events occurring in the future