Login / Register
Learn more about the fascinating world of engineering, and discover where an engineering degree could take you.
Join Other Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About This Course
Engineering has played an immeasurable role in the advancement of our society and planet. On this course, you will get an introduction to the study of engineering, and find out why, as an engineer, you have the potential to change the world.
You will learn how the disciplines of maths, biology, computing and physics, alongside creative thinking and people skills, come together to produce cutting-edge engineering projects. You will also explore the impact of modern engineering on a diverse range of industries, from healthcare to artificial intelligence.
What topics will you cover?
- Environmental engineering
- Healthcare and Medical Engineering
- Virtual Reality for healthcare and entertainment
- Robots, artificial intelligence and future technology
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explore the potential of modern engineering to change the world
- Summarise the underlying component skills needed for successful engineering
- Apply mathematical and scientific concepts to real-world engineering applications
- Discuss the context of modern engineering and its role in society
- Assess possible future developments in technology and describe their own potential role in achieving them.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone with an interest in engineering technology.
It will be of particular interest to students in their final year of school looking to apply to York’s Engineering and Electronic Engineering courses, as well as their parents and teachers.