The course will make understanding communication for today’s leader easier. It will also help us Identify and develop the most important communication skills: assertiveness and empathy.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About this course
Interpersonal communication is one of the most important management skills: everyday we relate with our bosses, collaborators, customers and colleagues.
Being a good communicator is synonym to being a good leader. Learn Exploring Communication for Today’s Leader today.
Interpersonal and group communication helps us to create better business environments, and therefore, to have better results in understanding communication for today’s leader.
What you’ll learn
- Understand the importance of communication in people’s lives and thus boost the improvement in our ability to effectively socialize.
- Identify the concept of communication for today’s leader in order to clarify its importance.
- Develop communication skills: assertiveness and empathy.
- Apply communication skills to performance feedback and achieve organizational objectives.
Topic 1. Exploring Communication for Today’s Leader: Human communication levels
- 1.1 Concept and communication levels
- 1.2 Communication skills
Topic 2. Assertive communication
- 2.1 Differences between aggressiveness, non- assertiveness, and assertiveness
- 2.2 A technique for planning our communication: the DESC Script
Topic 3. Empathetic listening in key to understand communication for today’s leader.
- 3.1 Listening levels: hearing, listening, and empathizing
- 3.2 The technique of empathetic listening: typical responses vs. empathetic responses
Topic 4. Performance feedback in Exploring Communication for Today’s Leader
- 4.1 Recognizing good and bad performance
- 4.2 The GROW Model: steps for conducting a feedback session
Who can take this course?
Unfortunately, learners residing in one or more of the following countries or regions will not be able to register for this course: Iran, Cuba and the Crimea region of Ukraine. This course is also for individuals who wants to expand their knowledge on communication for today’s leader.
While edX has sought licenses from the U.S. Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) to offer our courses to learners in these countries and regions, the licenses we have received are not broad enough to allow us to offer this course in all locations.
Originally posted 2022-01-17 22:22:32.