Login / Register
How to effectively draft and negotiate commercial contracts.
Join Other Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Effective contract negotiation is a crucial part of any business and the ability to draft effective, readable, non-ambiguous contracts is a valuable skill for everyone. Some common examples of commercial contracts include employment, supplies, leases, licenses, franchises, sales, licenses, real estate, and partnership agreements.
This is a practical course that focuses on developing the key knowledge and skill required by professionals when negotiating and drafting commercial contracts that involve parties, laws, or businesses. It is important that professionals have sufficient knowledge and skills to achieve their desired outcome from a commercial contract negotiation.
- Identify the purpose of the contract and understand the parties’ expectations
- Identify and critically discuss the specific skills needed for drafting and negotiating commercial contracts
- Explore ways in which to draft and negotiate contracts that are readable, enforceable and achieve clients’ objectives
- Elucidate possible issues, challenges and pitfalls in drafting commercial contracts
- Explore the legal rationale and practical knowledge underpinning contractual clauses, and
- Discuss ways to close the deal (win-win outcome)
Who is the course for?
All professionals (non-lawyers) such as executives, managers or individuals who want to improve their drafting and negotiating skills when negotiating external contracts on behalf of themselves or their company.