Find out how to create your own educational apps to support learning activities in your classroom.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Learn how to create apps to use in your own teaching practice
There are many educational apps available, but the majority are created by non-educators.
Platforms for developing apps are becoming increasingly user-friendly, so it’s easier for teachers to create apps to support their own classroom activities.
In this course, you’ll learn how to play a more proactive role as an app creator. You’ll learn how to create at least five pages of a simple app that can be used to demonstrate how content, technology and pedagogy are related.
By the end of the course, you’ll know how to use an app creation site to design and develop a sample app.
- Why use digital technologies in the classroom
- How content, technology and pedagogy are related
- How other educators have engaged with app creation activities
- How an app works
- The process of creating an app
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for pre-service teachers, teachers, and education leaders who want to discover what apps are and how they might be used to support school activities.
For Australian educators, this course aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST):
- Know students and how they learn
- Know the content and how to teach it
- Plan for and implement effective teaching and learning
- Create and maintain supportive and safe learning environments
- Engage in professional learning
6.1, 6.2, 6.3
- Engage professionally with colleagues
What software or tools do you need?
You will be asked to sign up for a free, online app creation site. For those with limited internet access, the software may be downloaded and used offline on a PC.