Learn how AWS services can be used to orchestrate and manage containers and update your current applications.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
Modernise your applications with tools from Amazon Web Services
Container technologies are popular with developers as they allow application management at a microservice-level.
On this four-week course you’ll learn exactly what containers are and how to use them to maximise the efficiency of your applications.
Discover how Kubernetes and Docker containers are used with microservices-based applications
Docker and Kubernetes are two popular container technologies designed to enhance application orchestration.
On this course, you’ll delve into their differences and learn how to build and deploy microservices-based applications. With this knowledge, you’ll be able to update and streamline your current systems.
Simplify container management and orchestration using AWS services
Just one application can include hundreds of containerised microservices. AWS has developed a range of tools to help with these challenges to managing your container orchestration efficiently.
You’ll explore Amazon Elastic Container Service (ECS), Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), and AWS Fargate, and receive expert guidance in the use of these tools.
With demos, videos and labs throughout, you’ll gain practical knowledge to effectively optimise your container management.
Collect performance metrics with Amazon CloudWatch Container Insights
Not only will you learn how to deploy AWS Cloud services to improve current processes, you’ll also explore how to gather meaningful data with Amazon CloudWatch Container Insights. Using this data, you’ll be able to adapt your processes for continuous improvement.
By the end of this course, you’ll have a solid understanding of what containerised applications are and their uses in Cloud computing. You’ll also be comfortable using a variety of AWS Services that improve the efficiency of your chosen container technology.
- Video: Course Introduction
- Video: Course Marketing
- Video: Week 1 Introduction
- Video: Containers explained
- Video: Docker Basics
- Video: Working with containers 101
- Video: Lab 1 Introduction
- Lab: Docker Hello World
- Video: Amazon Elastic Container Registry Introduction and Demonstration
- Video: App Runner Demonstration
- Lab: Single container hosted with App Runner
- Video: Multi-container deployments
- Video: Building microservice images and using Amazon ECR
- Video: Hosting containers on AWS overview
- Video: Container Orchestration and Amazon Elastic Container Service Concepts Overview
- Video: Scheduling, task placement, service discovery, and scaling with Amazon ECS
- Video: Amazon ECS Demonstration
- Video: Debugging Amazon ECS
- Video: Introduction to AWS Fargate
- Video: AWS Fargate Demonstration
- Video: AWS Copilot Demonstration
- Lab: Host container on Amazon ECS with Application Load Balancer using AWS Copilot
- Video: Week 3 Introduction
- Video: Introduction to Kubernetes and the Kubernetes Ecosystem
- Video: Kubernetes concepts overview
- Video: Introduction to Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service
- Video: Amazon EKS Demonstration
- Video: Debugging with EKS
- Lab: Host container on AWS EKS with Load Balancer
- Video: Week 4 Introduction
- Video: Amazon ECS/EKS Anywhere
- Video: Microservices and services meshes
- Video: AWS AppMesh Introduction and Demo
- Video: Container images with AWS Lambda
- Video: Monitoring with Amazon CloudWatch Container Insights
- Video: App2Container demo
- Video: Course Closing
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for developers and DevOps engineers who want to learn more about building and running containerised applications with AWS Container Services.
What software or tools do you need?
You will need an AWS account and the exercises in this course will have an associated charge in your AWS account.