Get familiar with Xero accounting software, building your confidence in managing clients and carrying out everyday tasks.
Join Email Learners
Follow the guide on landing page
About This Course
A good understanding of Xero accounting software is quickly becoming a sought-after skill. This practical four-week course provides a solid foundation for Xero accounting, helping you to set yourself apart in a highly competitive job market.
Get to grips with Xero accounting software basics
You’ll have the chance to learn about several important topics during this Xero training course, including cloud computing, Xero system requirements, and multi-factor authentication.
The fundamentals of Xero accounting software will also be explained. You’ll be given in-depth instructions on adding, updating, and editing accounts; creating, importing, exporting, editing, archiving, and merging customers and suppliers; and creating quotes and invoices.
Understand Xero accounting with a clearly explained framework
The coursework in this Xero training is mapped out over easily accessible sections, so you can apply the knowledge you gain to everyday tasks almost immediately.
You’ll soon be using your Xero accounting skills to deliver better service to clients, streamline processes, and ultimately generate more business and profit.
Let experts guide you as you hone your Xero software skills
As a Xero Education Partner, the Career Academy has delivered Xero training to thousands of satisfied students.
With this great track record and the fact that the course material has been developed by Xero-certified contributors, they’ll give you all the support you need as you learn about this powerful accounting software.
What topics will you cover?
There are four topic areas covered in this Introduction to Xero. The course will cover the following:
- Introduction to Xero Accounting.This topic will provide students with an overview of cloud computing, system requirements to use Xero, dashboard navigation and instructions on how to set up multi-factor authentication.
- Xero Chart of Accounts. This topic will provide students with an overview of the Chart of Accounts, and guide students on how to access, add, edit and delete accounts.
- Managing Contacts with Xero. This topic will provide students with an overview of how to manage contacts in Xero, including how to add new customers and suppliers, how to archive contacts, the process for importing and exporting contacts, how to merge contacts, how to create contact groups, and the purpose and use of smart lists.
- Xero Sales, Invoice, Quotes and Inventory. This topic will provide students with an overview of the different invoice types, how to create single and repeating invoices, how to customise the details and template, how to create and accept quotes, the difference between tracked and untracked inventory, and how to add new inventory items.
Learning on this course
You can take this self-guided course and learn at your own pace. On every step of the course you can meet other learners, share your ideas and join in with active discussions in the comments.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to…
- Explain cloud computing, the benefits of using Xero, and how to set up multi-factor authentication for your Xero account.
- Identify what the system requirements are to use Xero.
- Describe the steps for creating new customers and suppliers in Xero, how to import and export contacts as well as how to merge contacts and create contact groups.
- Explain the purpose of Smart Lists and how to use them to run searches.
- Explain the process for archiving a contact, and restoring an archived or merged contact.
- Explain the different invoice types available in Xero and describe each of their definitions and also explain the invoice details can be customised.
- Explain how to create invoices, repeating invoices and invoices for groups, and explain what invoice details can be customised.
- Explain how to customise templates and apply branding themes.
- Explain how to create a quote.
- Compare the differences between tracked and untracked inventory, and describe the process of adding new inventory items.
- Explain how to access the Chart of Accounts, add a new account, edit an existing account, import a new Chart of Accounts and the tax settings that are applied.
Who is the course for?
This course is designed for anyone, from job seekers to business owners and managers, looking to improve their career prospects with knowledge of Xero accounting.
What software or tools do you need?
To take part in this course you will need a computer, internet access, and access to an authenticator app. You can access the Xero Verify Authenticator on Google Play and You can access the Xero Verify Authenticator app on the Apple Store.